BackgroundThe Specific training is a simple but effective exercise to improve eye movements. The exercise is to find a certain number on the screen. This is displayed under many other numbers on the page to be trained (e.g. on the right). Since the numbers all look relatively similar, it is not so easy to find the number you are looking for and so your eyes have to search the screen. This exploration trains your eyes and since the stimulus is always on the affected side, your eyes always move in this direction. The more you train per day, the better. Of course you should listen to your body and take a break, for example, if you become tired or even your eyes are reddened.
- Sit in the middle of the screen at a distance of about 30cm (depending on the size of the screen).
- Enlarge the browser window if necessary so that it fills the whole screen.
- Fix your head (e.g. with one hand) so that it does not move.
- Many numbers will appear on the screen. |impaired_side| you have to find every number |user_symbol| on the screen and go over it with the mouse.
- Search the screen with your eyes only, your head does not move.
- Work out 2 times a day, each 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
Test this exercise