The "General Training" is a classic exercise to improve eye movements. Even before computers, eye training was done with people in a similar way. At that time, various numbers, letters or objects of different sizes were placed on a wall and an instructor carried out the training. The instructor had to find a specific object. He was only allowed to move his eyes and not his head. After the object was found, he had to find a new object suggested by the instructor. In the computer age, this exercise can now also be carried out somewhat more easily and without an instructor on the computer at home. Of course, the complete training should be discussed and accompanied by a specialist, but now an instructor no longer has to spend time constantly doing the exercise. Once instructed, all exercises of Oculy are designed in such a way that they can also be performed independently.
Due to the Easy mode, this exercise can also be performed by older people, for example. In this mode, the target object to be searched for is clearly displayed so that it should be relatively easy to find.
- Sit in the middle of the screen at a distance of about 30cm (depending on the size of the screen).
- Enlarge the browser window if necessary so that it fills the whole screen.
- Fix your head (e.g. with one hand) so that it does not move.
- Many numbers will appear on the screen. You have to find every |user_symbol| on the whole screen and go over it with the mouse.
- Search the screen with your eyes only, your head does not move.
- Work out 2 times a day, each 30 minutes, 5 days a week.
To test this exercise in detail, you can register here for a 14-day trial version of Oculy free of charge and without obligation.Test this exercise
Pictures of this exercise
I did the training more or less regularly for a while. It did me good and helped me in everyday life. Today I no longer use the training and now work even more efficiently on the computer. I can recommend Oculy with a clear conscience....
- Over 10 varied and practice-proven exercises
- No installation required: Start your training now
- Personal first consulting conversation on request
- Automated level recommendations
- Mutiple statistical evaluations
- Customisable software
- 14 days right of return
Further eye training exercises
Dot Training 2
Press the space bar as soon as you perceive a point. Important: Do not move your eyes during this exercise and always focus on the cross in the middle!